Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Multiplication Fortune Facts



Growing up in the ‘80s, my friends and I LOVED predicting our future with a game of MASH. We played this simple game over and over again to find out where we would live, who we would marry, how many children we would have, and what kind of car we would drive. I decided to try recreate that experience with a MASH inspired multiplication facts game. It turns out, this game is just as addictive as it predecessor. My kiddo absolutely LOVE it! Each printable has 9 categories: Where will I live?; In what type of home will I live?; What is my job; How much money will I make?; What vehicle will I drive?;  Who will I marry?; What kind of pet will I have?; What big event will happen in my future?. Under each category there are 4 possible fortunes. Each fortune is marked with a number (product). The kids roll two dice, multiply the numbers on the dice to find the product, find the product under one of the categories, and then eliminate that item as a possible fortune. They keep rolling, multiplying, eliminating until there is only one fortune left under each category. Then, they read and share their fortune. Click here checkout Multiplication: Fortune Facts!



No comments:

Post a Comment