Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Review with Hot Potato


My students enjoy playing Hot Potato to review. Not only is Hot Potato a fun game, it works for any subject! All you need a soft ball to serve as your "potato" and kid friendly music. Begin by setting some ground rules for the students. I tell my students the boys must throw to a girl that is seated and the girls must throw to a boy that is seated.

I usually make it a competition between the boys and girls because fourth graders love it. You can play without competing or you can compete by groups.

Play a kid friendly song and let the students begin tossing the "potato." When the music stops, I ask whoever touched it last a review question. I also ask a question to everyone that sits in that same position at the other groups. This allows me to ask several questions at once. It also give me a chance to check in or to assess kids that normally avoid answering questions. You could ask everyone at the group a question instead.

Play a couple of rounds prior to giving a test.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you very much, and I also like your content. From now on, I will continue to follow your articles.
    By the way,I likecustom hats

    ReplyDelete