Sunday, October 27, 2013

Flying Feathers

I am completely obsessed with designing more snowball games because my students absolutely LOVE my original snowball games. Not only do my kiddos beg to play, they are completely engaged. My students work hard to earn snowball fight time, usually about 1-2 times a week. Here is the thing I love, they are begging to do math! Since our fourth grade is departmentalized, it is sometimes possible for me to squeeze in quick game at the end of class. Recently, I have had students write their answers on post-it note exit slips. Click here to checkout my whole collection of snowball games.

I wanted to create a seasonal version of my snowball fight, so I created Place Value: Flying Feathers. I have created 100 feather pages which require students to either read or write numbers between 1,000 and 1,000,000 (4.NBT.2). In this game, feather will fly.



I also created 2nd Grade Place Value: Snowball Fight (2.NBT.3). This game contains 60 snowballs featuring numerals between 1-500. The numbers are represented in word form, expanded form and picture form.


No comments:

Post a Comment