Friday, November 1, 2013

The Best Move Ever

I am one of those people that have a million ideas. Every once and a while I think one of my ideas qualifies as genius. This is one of those ideas. Two weeks ago, I moved my red kidney table from the back of the room to the front of the room. Let me tell you, this was the BEST classroom rearrangement ever!! At the beginning of class, my kiddos that need a little extra help grab their math journals and meet at my red table. During whole group instruction, these students have a front row seat which is perfect because a few students struggle with attention issues. During small group intervention, I have access to my Promethean board which is FANtastic!! I also have a better view of the entire classroom. I have worked out a system in which I have six students around my table at a time. I keep a 7th seat to my right as a “feeder seat” which I use if I see a student is struggling and needs one on one. There is even space on the floor to my left where a pair of students may work playing a math game. Let me tell you, I LOVE my table at the front!!
 
This week, one of my sweet kiddos gave me an apple with a division symbol on it.---How Neat!!

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how the littlest things can make such a big difference. I'm glad that moving your kidney table helped so much!

    PS- I love the apple :)

    ReplyDelete